Monday, March 28, 2011

The Brain Man's Musical Notes to Himself

Dr.V.S.Ramachandran, Director of the Centre for Brain and Cognition , and Professor of Neurosciences at the University of San Diego, California, has written a wonderful article in the Hindu dated 27July 2008 [All editions] on the veteran musician Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer whose Birth Centenary was celebrated on 25th July 2008.

Ramachandran says " Whenever I travel to give a lecture, I listen to a song by Semmangudi in my ear. It elevates you to another plane and then the lecture goes off very smoothly. If you ask me why or what is going on in the brain, I still do not know"

The half page article in the Hindu, at least to me, is exceedingly interesting and informative. You may also find it i equally interesting.

Just for information

B.M.N.Murthy, Sunday 27th July 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home