Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Boy Genius

News Item from Indian Express, dated 20th Feb 2010 [Bangalore Edition ]



" At the I.I.Sc convocation on Friday 19th Feb 2010, excitement ran high as a single student stepped up to receive his

degree amidst thunderous applause --21 year old Tathagath Tulsi.

Tulsi became the youngest Ph.D holder in India on Friday when he was awarded a Ph.D in Quantum Theory [Physics].

When the average age of Ph.D holders in I.I.Sc is around 28, Tulsi who passed the S.S.L.C. at the age of 10 has done what is

almost impossible. " I have never come under any kind of parental pressure. But my family always encouraged me" he said.

Tulsi, whose Research Paper is the shortest of all papers submitted in I.I.Sc till today, will be attending an interview for a

teaching post with I.I.T. Patna on Monday 22nd Feb 2010 and later with I.I.T., Bombay



B.M.N.Murthy, 20th Feb 2010


Student Gets Ph.D in Physics from I.I.Sc,Bangalore at the age of 21 years for the Shortest paper ever submitted
Created:Friday, February 19, 2010 9:05 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home